The HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows PC is a free diagnostic tool that helps solve the most common scanning and printing problems in HP printers/scanners. Basically, it is a free instrument to resolve the most common printing problems of your printers and keep a check regularly on your device. It works in almost all Windows versions and is considered very helpful when your printer fails.
Problems that HP Print and Scan Doctor can solve on Windows 10: This diagnostic tool literally tackles all the teething issues that HP printer users frequently complain about. Below we’ve mentioned some of the issues resolved by the application:
● Scan error messages
● Print Alignment Issue
● Print jobs stuck in the printing queue
● Corrupt HPuniversal printer driver
● Missing print drivers
● Firewall issues and
● Printer connectivity issues
How to use the HP Print and Scan Doctor to repair printer problems: The HP print and scan doctor definitely is not hard to use. The process of using the HP Print and Scan App to troubleshoot your printer now is quite straightforward. Here are the steps, let’s have a look:
Step 1: Download and Install HP Print and Scan Doctor
● Switch on your printer and ensure that it is connected to your system
● Then download HP Print and Scan Doctor. The file is light and you can download it within seconds.
Step 2: Install the HP Print and Scan Doctor software
● Find the executable installation file in the download folder or in the taskbar and right-click on it to start the installation process.
● Then click on ‘Run’ and wait for the program to extract
● After that once prompted by User Account Control settings click ‘Yes’ to accept the terms and
● Lastly, wait as the HP Print and Scan Doctor software installs.
Step 3: Ready the HP Print and Scan Doctor to fix common issues of printers
● Once it’s installed, it will automatically open and on its welcome screen, you need to click the ‘Start’ tab.
● Now there, select the printer (from the available list of installed printers) that you want to fix and then click ‘Next’.
● After that try to correct the problem by clicking ‘Connect’.
● Then choose how your printer is connected, for example, USB.
● Now you have to just follow the relevant on-screen instructions to correct the problem.
Step 4: How to fix printing and scanning problems
● For Printing:
▪ Just click ‘Fix printing’ and the software will automatically communicate with the printer and detects all the potential problems.
▪ And to repair it, follow the on-screen instructions which will depend on the issue being worked on.
● For Scanning:
▪ For this click ‘Fix Scanning.’
▪ And again follow step by step on-screen instructions.
This way, the software tries its best to resolve any and all printer issues such as printer configurations issue, print align issue, print quality issue, and all other related HP printer issues.
HP scan tool is full of benefits and can be used for much more than you can imagine. It only fixes the glitches but helps you gather the information regarding additional diagnostics, checks network status, gather printer information and more. From the top menu bar, you can access the below-given things:
1. Check the network information and status: Click on Network and access the Show Advanced Info option, to get information for the IP address, security types, signal strength, and internet status. Go to Show Wireless Info and get the list of all network available nearby
2. Fix Firewall issues: Go to TRoubleshooting Firewall and follow the on-screen prompts to fix the problems. Or, you can go to Firewall help or Online Firewall Help to know more.
3. Access the router Settings: Go to Network and then go to Open Router Web page. This way you can access and modify the name and password for your network. It will help you check for router firmware updates.
4. Get the reports for Print Diagnostic/ Clean or align the printhead: For this, you need to go Printer and then access the Printer Services option.
5. Check the Level of ink or toner cartridges: Go to the printer and then Supply Levels. It also includes information for ink or toner cartridges, installation dates, and warranty status.
So, don’t afraid to explore the HP print and scan doctor tool, as it is a bundle of advantages. It is the most suitable and secure way to manage your day-to-day printing and scanning requirements.